DEHNADI & CONLEY'S Employment Law Group works collaboratively with our clients and focus on anticipating and preventing problems before they arise. Our approach minimizes the risks of litigation and administrative claims facing our clients.
We counsel corporations, business executives and business owners across a range of industries such as manufacturing, retail, restaurant and hospitality.
As part of the firm's counseling function, we regularly draft critical employment policies and agreements, which includes:
- Employee handbooks
- Sexual harassment policies
- Independent contractor agreements
- Advertising policies
- Separation agreements
- Non-compete agreements
In addition to counseling on day‑to‑day employment issues, we also work with clients facing disputes when litigation become unavoidable. Our Employment Litigation Group provides our clients with aggressive, efficient and effective representation in lawsuits before federal and state courts, arbitrators, mediators and administrative agencies.
Our Labor and Employment attorneys are experienced at drafting all types of employment agreements. We have expertise drafting independent contractor agreements, physician employment agreements, consulting services agreements, confidentiality/non‑disclosure agreements, and all other types of employment related agreements.
We take pride in our ability to guide our clients in minimizing their exposure to employment litigation.
- On behalf of a major grocery chain, we obtained voluntary dismissal of a plaintiff's claim of sexual harassment after a successfully compelling arbitration.
- Achieved a full dismissal for our client, the president of a large mortgage company, when sexual harassment and wrongful termination actions were filed by two plaintiffs against him and his company. After an investigation and brief discovery, both plaintiffs dismissed their cases with prejudice.
- Represented physician shareholder in connection with a medical group practice alleging breach of fiduciary duty, usurping corporate opportunity and fraud. Obtained a full dismissal on behalf of our client.
- Won summary judgment for restaurant chain on sexual harassment, wrongful termination and discrimination claim where 3 female employees filed a claim for $5 million in damages.